Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog

1) About Me
         a. Where I Have Lived
         b. Major Interests
         c. How I happen to be Attending USA
         d. Personal Information
         e. My Family

       2)  Education
         a. Why I Entered the Field of Education
         b. What an Educator’s Work Entails in the 21st Century


I was born in Tallahassee, Florida. I moved around a lot with my dad’s job. From Tallahassee, we moved to Louisiana, Texas and then back to Florida. After I got married we moved to California and then back to Florida and finally ended up in Mobile, Alabama 12 years ago. I love to read, go to the movies, go boating and go to the beach. I am attending USA after years of being a stay at home mom. I began substitute teaching two years ago and decided I wanted to teach. I am married and have three children. My children are ages 7, 9 and 12. The rest of my family is still living in Florida.

I have been a volunteer and substitute teacher for years in my children’s school. I have really enjoyed the time I have spent there. I love being with the younger children and hope to teach kindergarten. In the 21st century, an educator needs to know how to use technology and to teach the children about technology. Even in the kindergarten classroom they are using programs to learn to read and do math. A teacher in the 21st century needs to be aware of different types of home lives and be able to understand and deal with different types of emotional behaviors. A 21st century teacher needs to have compassion for the students and know how to motivate and make learning fun. I am passionate about children and I am excited to teach them and watch them grow.

little girl with paint on her hands





No comments:

Post a Comment