Sunday, March 15, 2015

Blog Post #8

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning?

The Last Lecture/Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

After watching Randy Pausch's video called The Last Lecture or Achieving Your Childhood Dreams, I learned about enabling the dreams of others. Randy doesn't only speak about how to achieve your own dreams but how important it is, especially as educators, to help others achieve their dreams. His talk is really an inspirational story about how people should live their lives. Randy explains that people should:

  • tell the truth
  • be earnest
  • apologize
  • focus on others
  • show gratitude
  • don't complain just work harder
  • be good at something
  • work hard
  • find the best in everybody
Randy Pausch

Randy talks about teaching a course at Carnegie Melon and the things that he learned from his students. I like how he said, "The best way to teach someone is to make them think they are learning something else." I think this is where technology comes in. Children are using technology at home. It is something that they can relate to. If we use it in the classroom they will be learning and having fun at the same time. Pausch explains that we need to break the mold, have fun and set the bar high!


3 comments:

  1. Patricia,

    Your post is great! I really like how you put bullet points in your post. This draws attention to what you are saying so people realize this is important! You structure your posts very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patricia!

    I like how your blog post is structured too! I think I will try to use bullets in my post too! Anyway, I believe that there is a lot of information that we can learn from Randy Pausch. He shared some wonderful ideas on the video and I believe that being a teacher that not only teach information, but changes the lives of his/her student is a good teacher. As teachers we should push our students toward their goals and help build their character.

    I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete