Sunday, March 15, 2015

C4T#2 Summary

Summary of Kathleen Morris's Blog Post #1

The 2014 New School Year

http://primarytech.global2.vic.edu.au/
Kathleen Morris is a teacher in Victoria, Austrailia. It is January and their school year is just starting. Mrs. Morris just had a baby and will not be returning to teach this year. To stay in the education loop, she is using online tools such as blogger and twitter. She also lists some helpful websites to get teachers started on classroom blogging.

My Comment:
Mrs. Morris, My name is Patricia Tremblay and I am taking EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I think it is wonderful that you are getting to stay at home with your baby. I also stayed at home with all three of my children and have returned to school to become a teacher. Thank you for the helpful links for starting a classroom blog.
EDM 310 Class Blog
My Blog

Summary of Kathleen Morris's Blog Post #2

Blogging and the Literacy Curriculum

Mrs. Morris explains that classroom blogging should be planned for and added to the curriculum. When her students first started blogging they were squeezing it into transitioning times and not making enough time for it. They were also able to provide all students in her class with a device in the classroom to blog. She explains that having enough resources is important. They use their blogging time as part of their literacy block and focus their blogs on what they are currently reading or writing.

My Comment:
Mrs. Morris, My name is Patricia Tremblay and I am taking EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I think it is great that blogging has been worked into the curriculum of your classroom. I am looking forward to using a classroom blog in my future classroom. Your information has been very helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment